Friday, January 30, 2009

01-30-09 Spyderco Spyker Focus Stacked



Location: Apt

EXIF Data:
Model: Canon EOS 40D
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 100mm
Flash Used: No

So since it's a Friday and it's really cold outside, I thought I try the Focus Stacking technique again. So I brought out this knife.
Here is the setup:
- I used the 100 mm f/2.8 macro lens.
- The photo was a combination of 5 photos.
- Flash was to the camera left.
- I believe the power was at 1/4 power.
- I was shooting the flash through a shoot-through umbrella.

I know the photo isn't perfectly clean, but I think this is the cleanest I've gotten without much fiddling with the program. This photo was generated using default settings in the software. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

jeannie said...

whoa this is lot of work for one photo. good job!

Mstic said...

yea....lots of work....but it was toooo cold outside, great time to do some work inside the apt =D

Nathan Pham said...

February was a cold month. Nice photo. Used fill light on the left huh? (thats photo talk for you beginners). It came out nice.

Mstic said...

Yea. I used flash on this photo, but it was off camera flash :)